Last Thursday I made a to do list and left it sitting on my desk. I'm happy to say I got most of it completed. Most of my lists I create at work are sewing oriented because that is what I was I was doing when I'm here.
-Finish 12 Days of Christmas blocks - Not only did I finish the blocks, I get them sewn together with the first border
- Sew Car Quilt - I made the cutest little boy quilt. I got it sewn and quilted this weekend. Just need to get binding. Picture to come soon.
- Quilt Something - I have a closet full of my own quilts I never get to, so this was my goal for the weekend to quilt something of my own. I'm happy to say I quilted my car quilt and a table runner I had sewn probably close to 2 years ago!
- Bind ISpy quilt - I finished an ispy quilt top for Jake long before Sam was born. I finally got the binding sewn on and we actually played a little with it this morning.
- Bind Luke's quilt - one thing I didn't get done on my to do list....(next week)
- Put quilts on Etsy - 2 new quilts were list at the shop head over and take a look.
My goal was to actually get some old projects completed and I'm happy to say I achieved my goal. I love finishing off something that has been sitting around for a year. I actually feel like I've accomplished a few things.
We started our weekend off early on Friday by taking the day off. Mike and I went golfing, to lunch, and then a movie (Inception - that could be a post all on its own, have you seen it?) It was a fun day with just the two of us, and much needed. Saturday was a lazy day with the kids, and then a late night up sewing til 1am. Sunday another lazy day. Whit came over and we swam with the kids and then laid out for a bit while they slept. I didn't go sew til about 8pm. I love it when I can spend the days with my family and still have enough energy to get something done at night! It was a very nice weekend. Wish all my days were weekend days.