Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Client Quilts

I've quilted a few quilts for Nicole in the last few months (babydoxie on instagram - follow her you won't be sorry!)  She is one of the nicest people I've never met and I love all of her quilts!  She is also very easy to work with and patient with me beyond words!  Here are a few from her first batch I did a few weeks ago.

First up is her swoon quilt - which I LOVE the big red square in the middle.  What a great way to set apart your swoon from the next!
She chose the Baptist Fan - saying its kind of manditory for a swoon quilt.  HAHA 
Red Center Square - LOVE!

Backing with Baptist Fan

This quilt is Flower Girl by Thimble Blossoms
It was done using a Marmalade quilt kit (I think my most favorite Bonnie and Camille line if you can have favorites) I think she scored this kit from an Insta sell Camille had - cause she's lightening fast on Instagram!
Love the orange in this line!
She used CandyLand for the quilting - which was perfect for this quilt.  For her backing she pulled together 4 big squares of flannel - which I loved!  I always think I need to be more adventurous with my backings when I see these! 

I love how the quilting melts into the flannel.

Her next quilt was Vintage for the Simply Retro book.  This is one of my most favorite patterns right now - and there is a quilt along going on on Instagram right now if you want to jump on the bandwagon.  #vintagealong

She chose Starlight for the quilting which is one of my favorite patterns.  Adds such great texture without taking away from the blocks or fabrics.  

I think most the fabrics are from Bonnie and Camille's Ruby collection.  (Are you getting the sense that Nicole is a die hard Bonnie and Camille fan?  If so you'd be right! She has the greatest stash of fabrics EVER!)

Next up are a few of Thelma's quilts.  It is always so much fun to get Thelma's quilts - her packaging is perfect - her backs of the quilts are perfect - I kind of treat them like glass as her sewing is AMAZINGLY perfect!

First up is Jersey Girl - a Schnibbles pattern by the great Carrie Nelson of Miss Rosie's Quilts done in Scrumptious by Bonnie and Camille.  Let me tell you something about Scrumptious - I liked it when it came out - but I thought - this is a line I don't have to buy.  And then I started seeing quilt after quilt done in this line - how could I have not thought that I didn't need it?  I mean - EVERY quilt that comes my way out of this line is my new favorite and added to my list!  Needless to say - I now have about 4 quilts in the works out of this line.  

Thelma chose CandyLand for this quilt - which fits its wonderfully.  I LOVED her solid scrappy baby bias border - added SO much to this quilt!  
Her backing was scrappy which was cute and fun - and I fell head over heels in love with this big button/flower print.  Now I'm a proud owner of a bolt - won't it be great for backing a few of my Scrumptious quilts!  haha

Her next quilt was Canasta another Schnibbles pattern.  I've wanted to make a basket quilt for awhile now - and loved this one!  She used Fig Tree fabric.  

Thelma chose Chantilly Lace for the quilting pattern.  I almost screamed when she picked this pattern.  I had sent over a few suggestions and this was my first pick.  I think it just has that timeless old fashion feel that a basket pattern needs - so I was thrilled when it was her first chose also!

The lighting was not great on this day - but hopefully you can see - this pattern adds such great texture!  
She also used a scrappy backing!  

Thelma's last quilt is Round and Round by Thimble Blossoms in Kate Spain's Christmas line from last year.  I'm thinking I need to copy this using Solstice  by Kate Spain - her Christmas line for this year.  

If you missed this quilt along last winter with round and round  on Instagram run and take a look.  #roundandroundalong
It was so much fun to see all the cute quilts that came out of this!  I started my own Christmas version last year - need to get it finished up so I can start my next one!  This is a great pattern for charm packs (you need 2) and one block is big enough to make  good sized table topper or pillow too - saw a few of those during the quilt along and have some ideas for Christmas gifts this year!  

Thelma chose Christmas Snow as her quilting pattern.  This pattern is so cool with cool textures are the snowflakes are all different shapes and sizes!

If you love this pattern - get going on your Christmas projects so you have them ready for my Christmas in July quilting sale - this one pricey so take advantage of the sale!

Her backing was this fun Christmas cookie/motif fabric - I love how it is bright and busy, such a contrast from all the white on the front.  Great pick!

If you're interested in a kit using Solstice and making your own Round and Round - let me know and I can get you the details!

2 comments:

gailss said...

More beautiful quilting and love the work you do...those are great quilts too!

Addie said...

Love all of these, quilts & quilting!