Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Baby Love - Country Girls Version - WIP Wednesday


If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen how obsessed I am with the Baby Love pattern from Camille Roskelley's Simply Retro book.  I love this pattern for so many reasons.  Love a Churn Dash block - its big and fast.  I need a quick project that I can completely to keep me sane - and this quilt can be completed in about an hour.  I love the big center for using a fun print I have a hard time cutting into.  Its the perfect size for a baby quilt and a great baby gift.  You will see MANY more of these in my future - as I've already completed another one - and have a 3rd on cut and ready to sew together.  

I'm also a little obsessed with the Country Girls fabric - I'm loving the greens and blues together - but for a girl!  Can't get enough of it!


I LOVE the white blueberry fabric that I used for the background.  At first I was worried it would be too busy - but I thrilled with how it turned out.  

I used a baby baby clamshell (maybe 1/2 inch by an inch) which added some great texture!  I love the cute little girls in the center print- and I'm slightly obsessed with the bright green border fabric next to the navy gingham!  


I used the green as it was my favorite print for the backing as well.  

If you're interested in a kit - take a look in my etsy store here

Linking up to WIP Wednesdays - haven't linked in a long time!

2 comments:

helen said...

Beautiful , love the clam shell quilting!

Jamie said...

We share the same obsessions! Thanks for posting such great inspirations:)