Monday, September 16, 2013

Jelly Roll Jam Quilts

A few month's back Thelma asked me to quilt and bind up some quilts she had sewn.  She was asked to be part of the Fat Quarter Shops Jelly Roll Jam - and I was so happy to be asked to quilt these up for her.

You can read all about her experience and her pattern on her blog.  As you can see from the pictures below - I received 2 quilts - same pattern - same jelly roll - just a little different with color placement.



One has more blues, the other more red tones.  

I wanted to quilt them up so the difference could be seen, even though they are so similar.  


On the blue version - I went with feathers - really small feathers.  I used Deb's Feathers design and think this turned out great.  


The red/rust version I used Country Cousins.  This design is bigger and more open then the feathers shrunk down.  


When I was done quilting both quilts - I was amazed at what a difference the quilt design and more importantly the size of the design makes.  

The quilts actually looked a bit different once they were quilted up.  


This was a fun exercise for me to play with scale and design - when originally I had thought I'd quilt them up both the same.  I'm so glad I didn't!

This pattern looked so easy and quick - and Thelma got 2 from one jelly roll.  What a great baby quilt or table topper idea for gifts!  Can't wait to see what other designs the Fat Quarter Shop has in store for us!




Keep in mind I have a deal going on edge to edge patterns right now - please see below



Currently running a special of ALL Edge to Edge designs are $.01 an inch.  This is a great deal and won't last forever, so take advantage while you can!  
I am offering a 1 week turnaround on edge to edge designed quilts.
Quilts with edge to edge design but separate border design are $.02 for up to 2 borders.  
Custom quilting begins at $.025 an inch and goes up depending on complexity.  
I have batting available for $8 a yard.
I will ship quilts back - and only charge actual shipping costs.  
No hidden costs!  Quilting, Batting, and tax if you live in Utah are the only charges on the invoice.  

Contact me if you're interested - abby@latimerlane.com check out my pinterest board to view designs.





1 comment:

hydeeannsews said...

the quilting does give it quite a different look, doesn't it?! I think I like the more dense feather design just a bit more. very nice work, abby.