Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Client Quilts

The month of August was a record month for me for quilting!  I appreciate so much those of who have trusted me with your precious quilts!  There is so much inspiration and after I quilt these quilts I want to run out and buy fabric to make my own.  

I haven't been the best at taking pictures and sharing them this month as I feel I'm sometimes running around with my  head cut off!  But here are a few I managed to remember to photograph.  I like to show the full quilt - and then close up of the quilting to give you an idea of the design - so prepare for some picture overload!

First up is this Grinch quilt.  Pat made these for her grandkids and we quilted up 2 of them!  They were almost identical minus the border was different prints.  


She wanted the pattern Grinchy pattern and I was so excited to try this one out!  I hadn't quilted it out before.  I bought it for my own Grinch quilt that has yet to be sewn together...


As you can see above and below there is presents, wreaths, the Grinch and his dog.  Its a really fun pattern and perfect for those kids!


She backed both quilts in this red striped minky - perfect for these quilts.  


The next few quilts are from Nathalie.  What I love most about Nathalie's quilts is her range of fabrics.  She uses everything from Moda to Batiks and a few things in between.  I feel like I sometimes my quilts start looking the same as I get into my fabric comfort zone.  When I get a package with such a variety it makes me want to shake things up a bit!

The first up was this cute Schnibbles quilt.  


Hard to see the quilting, but she chose Rose Leaves  It has a big rose flower that was great for this quilt.  You can kind of get an idea below.



Nathalie's next quilt was this fun bright orange one!

She wanted Sunflowers quilted in it. 


I hadn't used this pattern before I really like how it turned out.  

Her next quilt was this fun batik one.  This pattern was so cool with different sized blocks and squares.  


She wanted Frisky Feathers  which I think went with this fabric perfectly!


A close up of the pattern from the back.  


This next quilt was so fun with the farm animals on it!  


Nathalie wanted Cotton Seed which is one of my favorites.  I think it turned out perfectly - and look at those cute pigs and cows!


Her final quilt was a sampler quilt.  I am so into sampler right now so this was so fun to quilt!


This was one of my favorite blocks.  She went with Loops and Stars - perfect compliment and didn't overpower her wonderful blocks!


Have I overloaded you enough today?  I have many more to show so come back tomorrow for the next lot of quilts!

Linking up to Freshly Pieced  



No comments: