Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Client Quilts

I have had the privilege of working with the great ladies from Homestead Hearth.  If you aren't aware of them run fast to their website.  They have every block of the month you can imagine, kits galore and are featured in many a magazine! 
 
The below quilt is Portrait of a Lady.  This quilt is amazing in person.  Pictures don't even come close to doing it justice. 
 
 
They asked for an all over feather design.  Debs Feathers was the perfect choice. 

 
I LOVE this border - if I never make this quilt - I have to find a way to incorporate this border into a quilt! Fabric line used was Kanas Troubles I believe. 

 
This next quilt is a new Turning 20 pattern.  It was so bright outside the day I took these its hard to see.  this is an enormous quilt!

 
I LOVE all the plaids and fabrics in this quilt.

 
The border print was my favorite!

 
Quilt pattern used is called Country Cousins and I love how it looks on this quilt. 
BTW this backing fabric can be found here for $18 - for 6 yards....ARE YOU KIDDING ME? 

 
This next quilt - was beautiful and feminine.  I loved all these floral prints.  This is by far the LARGEST quilt I have ever done.  It almost didn't fit on my quilting frame!  Very large king sized quilt. 

 
The pattern chose to quilt in was Paisley Playtime.

 
This is a great dense pattern if you're looking for one - but hurry cause it won't stay $.01 an inch for long!  This pattern and quilt took a long time and 16 bobbins!  I've never used that many bobbins before! 

 
So worth it as it turned out great!

Linking up to WIP Wednesdays!



2 comments:

Darlene said...

They look wonderful, Abby.

mary truax said...

wow. you have been busy. beautiful work.