Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sewing Updates

I've been working on a few projects lately.  I've never been one to start a project while working on another, but I've thrown that theory out the door.

The week before I left for Oceanside I made a couple of baby quilts for Whit and Marta who both had baby gifts to give.  I have to say - I LOVE the girl quilt we made for Marta.  I didn't snap a picture, but I bought fabric to do it again.  Turned out so cute.  We used the quick method to get them done, but they still turned out so cute.


This last week I quilted a few quilts for people.  This applique quilt is so cute!  Not necessarily the quilting but the actual quilt.  It was so much fun to do.



Sunday night I stayed up til about 1am finishing the quilt top of my Blissful Zig Zag quilt.  I love this quilt!  I am so excited to get the borders put on and get it quilted.  No idea what I'm going to do with it, but I am loving it.



I also have all my blocks sewn together for the Easy Bricks quilt.  Now I just have to start sewing them together. Hopefully I can find some time this week.

I also have a quilt to do for my mom - prepping work to start before the weekend - and cut out a quilt for Whit and a baseball one for my boys.  Most importantly I have a cute little quilt to get started on for a shower in August.  I'm excited to see how its going to turn out.

I use not let myself start on a new project til the other one was completed - I think I've gotten over that.  I really like having a few going on in different stages so if I have a minute here or there I can pick up something and feel like I'm making progress.  Is that a theme in my life?  Making progress - I feel like I've got to be productive....wonder why.

It feels good to get a few things done!

2 comments:

marta said...

loving those quilts, abby! thank you so much for squeezing in my darling little quilt. i loved how it turned out.

p.s. that zigzag is perf.

whit said...

lots of projects..busy girl. i love the zigzag and I can't wait for my quilt..so excited