Saturday, July 23, 2011

Project Updates

I have been sewing and quilting this week and have much to report.

I finished my zig zag quilt top.  I was a little worried that the border would take away from the zag effect, but I have to say I'm loving how it turned out!

I also finished the Easy Bricks pattern top.

The one on Moda Bake shop doesn't have a border - I'm tempted to add one - what do you think?


I finally got some quilting done too - of my own if you can believe it.  I made this quilt about 2 years ago.  I wanted to get it done by the 4th to display - but that didn't happen.  Better late then never.


A close up of the quilting.  I did stars in the blue, and cross hatching through the flag part.  I like the way it turned out.


For this weekend I've got two client quilts to work on.  I'm doing pantographs on both, so they take me a little longer.  I also have a cute baby quilt in the works that I'm so excited to give at a shower in August.  Pictures to come soon.

I took Tuesday night to myself, went downstairs at 6pm, came up at 9pm, went back down around 10pm and worked til about midnight.  Got all the above projects done - including binding on the flag quilt.  I love a productive night.  What a mom can accomplish with no kids around is amazing!!!!  Good to get back in the swing of things!

No comments: