Sunday, January 23, 2011

Jake and Grama Polly


















Jake is a lucky boy.  He gets to spend 3 days a week with Grama Polly.  He has also been going to church with her occasionally.  Today he was having a rough time with me leaving him at church.  On our way he asked me to wait in the car for him.  To get his mind off of being upset I asked him who his friends are at church.  This is our conversation.

Me: Jake what are you friends names at church?
Jake: I don't know any names
Me: Well, you need to make friends with the kids.  Who do you sit by?
Jake: Grama Polly
Me: Well, today she is teaching the lesson, so you will have to sit by your class.  Maybe you can ask some of the kids what their names are.
Jake: But I want to sit by Grama.
Me: She might be busy today Jake, you'll have to sit with the kids.
Jake: I'm gonna have to get a new Grama to sit with me then.

He didn't last at church today, so I don't think he found a new Grama yet.  We are so happy and blessed to have Grama Polly as our Nanny.  We couldn't do it without her.  Jake has started telling me how I do things differently then Grama Polly, or how Grama Polly doesn't like certain words he uses etc.  Its pretty funny.  It is nice to see he listens and does everything Grama Polly tells him to, cause he sure doesn't listen to us!

Love you Grama Polly!

2 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

Very cute post!

polly said...

i love you too! there's no place i'd rather be than with these two and "little dyl" as jake calls him.