Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Applesauce

The first part of January my cousin Heidi invited all us cousins over with our kids for a play date.  She is a great host and made us the best little lunch.  We snacked on a fruit and feta salad, bread and butter, and homemade applesauce. 

I have been making the applesauce at least once a month if not more since trying hers.  It is so easy and delicious.  I thought I'd share the quick recipe.

Crockpot Applesauce
recipe by Heidi Ballou

8 - 10 big apples any variety
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup sugar (I usually use less)
Lots of cinnamon

Peel and cut apples into bite sized pieces.  Put all ingredients in crackpot and cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.  Mash to the consistency you enjoy.  Serve with a little dollop of whip cream....can't beat it!

 
Thanks Heidi, this is our current family favorite!

1 comment: