Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Playing

I've been neglecting this blog lately.  I've been busy cleaning my house, got some added responsibility at work that has kept me busy, and we've been doing a little bit of playing around.  We spent the last 10 days in Orlando with this group of crazies!

This is my brother James, his wife Becky, and kids, Taylor, Jack, Hogan, and Luke.  (Say those 4 names REALLY fast and that is how Jake says their names). 

We had a blast going to the DisneyWorld parks, Spring Training baseball game, swimming, playing poker, eating, and laughing.  It was so much fun to spend a week with this family and to watch my boys play with my nephews.  I'm here to say no matter the age difference, Jake thinks these boys are his best friends. 


It was so nice to have the help of not just James and Becky with my crazy kids, but it was like having 4 built in babysitters!  Mike and I actually got to ride on some rides together!  Aunt Becky made quite the impression on my kids and gave Whit a run for the favorite Aunt title....James also made quite the impression....he likes to make them cry....good times. 

We made such good memories, and I love that my kids got to know their cousins a little better.  Sure wish we all lived closer so we could spend more time together. 

This last week made me reflect on no matter the distance of time that goes by without seeing family, there is a strong bond and love that is like nothing else in the world.  Nothing is more important than our families.  We had such a good time and already miss you guys!  Thanks for sharing our vacation with us!

1 comment:

polly said...

i am so glad you all had such a fun time. it is true that the bond of family is a strong and unbreakable tie. it warms a mothers heart to have her kids play together well.