Projects completed over the weekend:
- quilted an 85 x 102 quilt Saturday morning
- added binding to my verna quilt - held out for the hot pink fabric and so glad I did, it makes the quilt
- started and completed a disappearing 9 patch quilt using a layer cake - sewed, quilted, and bound
- quilted my Rural Jardin table runner just need to add binding
- added borders to my blush quilt and got the back sewn just need to quilt
I'd say all in all, it was a pretty productive weekend - even with my poor teething child!
this tutorial for the disappearing 9 patch pattern. My cousin Kelly had me quilt a baby quilt this last week using a similar block and it inspired me. It was SO easy. Instead of a charm pack she used a layer cake, which I did also. I liked the way the pattern tutorial turned their blocks so I followed that path. You could also place your blocks randomly for a different look. I cut, pieced, and quilted this in about 3 hours total. It may just be my new favorite go to quilt pattern when I need one in a hurry. The quilt measures 68 square when finished.
I'm finishing the binding now, will add completed pictures shortly of all the projects. I love when I get into completion mode and even more when I have the energy to actually follow through!