Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Quilt Market

I've been seeing posts and pictures and updates from Quilt Market the last few days.  I was lucky enough to go a few years back (like 7) when it was in Utah.  It was so much fun, and an experience I hope to get to enjoy again soon.  

Although I didn't get to quilt market - I did feel a small part of helping a few of my favorite designers get ready for market.  

I was so excited to be able to quilt 2 of Camille's new patterns.

First up was Puddle Jumping - isn't that just the most perfect name for this quilt?   


Camille wanted the Baptist Fan for this one.  


I LOVE this pattern and love the blues and greens used in this quilt.  The new line April Showers is such a fun line - and has so many great prints in it. 


Camille has some great pictures here and she made a multi colored version that is on the cover that is so cute too!  

Her next quilt I quilted was Starlight and I was head over hills in love with this quilt.  I'm a sucker for stars and this one was so cool and different from what I've seen out there.  She made a version with green polka dots and a navy version.  They are both great, but I loved the big star here that the polka dots form.  Looking at the quilt I was thinking this would be a complicated quilt to sew together, but Camille told me it was a breeze - I wasn't sure I believed her, but once I opened up and read the pattern she was right!  It actually looks like it will go together quickly and I can't wait to get going on mine!


Camille wanted the Orange Peel for her pattern and I love how this turned out.  This is such a great quilt pattern.  Modern yet, vintage, adds so much texture to the quilt without taking away from the pattern and fabrics.  I really love how it turned out.  


Its hard to see in this picture - but Camille has some great ones on her blog.  


The backing for both quilts she used the umbrella prints - aren't they so cute!  Can't wait for this line to come out.  I'll be buying in bolts!


I also got to quilt these 2 new patterns from Sherri from A Quilting Life

First up is Splash

This quilt was made using Day Dreams by Kate Spain.  These prints are bright, bold and fun!  I love the checkered sashing in this quilt!  Such a fun, different idea!  Can't wait to make one of my own.  


Sherri chose Orange Peel which looked great on this quilt - and look at the back below!  How awesome does that look on a solid backing????  I love this pattern! 

You can see some better pictures over at Sherri's blog



Her next pattern is called Blossoms and I can't wait to make one of my own!





Sherri chose Clam shells.  I love this pattern for several reasons.  I think it is so simple and understated, yet has such a bold statement.  Is that possible?  I thought this went perfect with the fabrics.  At first glance looks like umbrellas or rain drops a little which fit the fabric line April Showers just perfect.  This quilt is on my to do list in the near future.  

I am so lucky to have been able to join in the pre market fun!  Thanks Sherri and Camille for letting me part of this fun and crazy time!

Linking up to WIP Wednesdays




4 comments:

Nilya said...

Love that Orange Peel pattern for quilting, good Job!

Little Island Quilting said...

Beautiful quilts

Wendy said...

Glad you got to vicarious participate in the market! All of the quilts look awesome - and their designers were lucky to have you do the quilting.

Stopping by from WIP Wednesday.

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Beautiful quilts and love your quilting!