Wednesday, April 10, 2013

WIP Wednesdays

We have been hit HARD with a horrible flu this last week.  It has lingered and has not been fun.  Felt the weekend was a bit wasted as laid around and watched a lot of TV.

I had purchased and watched the Craftsy class Pre-Cut Piecing Made Simple by Camille Roskelley which is so worth the money.  Great tips and tricks.  New patterns, great ideas.  Very helpful.  One of the patterns is some ideas on half squared triangles - and I feel in love with the look and with the ideas.

So I got a couple of Marmalade charm packs and couple of white charm packs - put Jake to work drawing some lines down the middle (that was a fun exercise) and made about 84 half square triangle blocks.  

I spent Friday night trimming them up - and playing with some ideas.


Loving the star look - I think a whole quilt in these would be to die for!


I have been wanting to make a quilt using this block for a long time - so I decided on a couple more and came up with this....


I love how this is turning out!  I can't decide whether to keep going and make it bigger or stick with a baby sized quilt.  I have a few showers coming up - thinking this could be a cute baby quilt. 

What do you think?

linking up to WIP Wednesdays
and


9 comments:

Deborah said...

How fun!! Craftsy classes are great. Love your blocks!

al + sar said...

Obsessed with that!! You are so talented!!

Jessica White said...

Those are beautiful blocks! I love HST...so fun, easy, and versatile.

Here via WIP Wednesday.

Kris said...

I like that layout a lot!

Carol said...

Love that layout! Going to be a wonderful quilt!

Melia Mae Quilting said...

How adorable! I think it would make a very cute baby quilt. I purchased that class as well. Now trying to find time to actually watch it will be the trick!

Renee said...

I've always want to do a layout like that with HST! Yours is gorgeous with that fabric line.

Nicole said...

Can't go wrong with either size. I do think it would be a cute baby quilt and it would also be a fantastic bigger quilt!

Anonymous said...

Whatever you make with this fabric, it will be gorgeous!
Esther