Friday, January 4, 2013

Finish Up Fridays

This quilt has been in the making for 5 years - Yes FIVE years!  I started this quilt when I was pregnant with Jake.  It was going to be his baby quilt.  I finshed it when he was almost 2.  (He turned 5 in October)  I finally got around to quilting it in December. 


I got a call from a client asking if I could do a custom job.  I hadn't done one yet on my new machine and was a little nervous - but decided to give it a try on one of my own quilts before moving on to someone elses.  I eventually moved onto this quilt and loved every minute of it.


I loved quilting this star quilt - the pattern I used was My 3 Stars by Buggy Barn Quilts.  This pattern is one of my all time favorite patterns.  I baby sized the pattern to give me a good sized baby quilt.  The fabric I used was Shangri La by 3 Sisters for Moda.  I used only the plaids and stripes in this line I.LOVE.THIS.LINE


I practiced some echoing of the stars - both outside the star and inside the star. 


I used a couple of fills - one called plaid (above in the brown star) and a double line fill (used below in the green star)

In the rectangles a swirl border design, in the baby stars I did some stitch in the ditch and the plain squares I stitched a star shape. 


I have a small 2 inch border around the quilt and did a simple border - still need to quilt the border onto the side borders - but had to get it off the frame to start the custom quilt for my client.


And the back - love the backs!


Quilting this gave me some confidence to work on a customers custom job.  It was so much fun - and I love how this quilt looks.  Goal is to get the borders done this week and to get the binding on it. 



*** We are working to get our website up and going - in the meantime all Edge to Edge patterns are $.01 and inch - ALL PATTERNS! Check them out here - I'm updating the board with additional patterns over the next few days. Email me at abby@latimerlane.com if you're interested.

8 comments:

Myra said...

Ooh I love that baby quilt! So precious! Your colors and quilting are fabulous!

Darlene said...

It's beautiful. Awesome job on the quilting.

Heather said...

This quilt is very cute. Love all the different quilting patterns you used.

What Comes Next? said...

wow! great job with the custom quilting - such a wonderful variety of designs you've used, and they all suit the quilt perfectly. Maybe not a baby quilt, but still a quilt to love and cherish now!

Gunilla said...

I love stars and I think your quilting is great!

marta said...

adorable, ab. worth the wait!!

Sarah Craig said...

Awesome job, Abby! Whoop whoop!!

Jean Belle said...

What a beautiful job you did on the quilting. Thanks for sharing it with us!