Thursday, February 17, 2011

Questions

I've been quilting a lot the past few weeks and as I am alone with my thoughts, I keep thinking of some questions I have.  It amazes me the randomness that goes through ones head.  Here are a few things I wish I had the answers to....

1. Why do cartoon kids not have parents?  Where are they?  Who is raising these children?
2. How does a 1 year old blow through a house like a tornado?
3. Will my house ever be clean for a 24 hour period again?
4. Why can't people be content with what they have?
5. How I ended up as the mean parent?  I really thought going into parenthood Mike would have that role.
6. Why do other people's kids sleep through the night?
7. Where did Jake learn the terms "Calm down Mom", and "Don't worry about it?"  Seems a little old for him???
8. Does Brad from the Bachelor know all about Michelle's past?
9. Who else is watching the Housewives of Beverly Hill's?  How come I can't look away?
10. The sun will come out, tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, they'll be sun...(I think of this to the actual tune of the song)

Random I know.....

2 comments:

polly said...

the sun always comes out and then it dips behind the clouds for awhile again and then it comes out. the weather always changes just like our lives do. but trust me there are those beautiful sunny days where we are "one with the sun" and so are our kids, for a little while.

Travelin'Oma said...

Cartoon kids are living real kids' fantasy lives.

My kids would start every scenario, "Let's pretend we're on an island . . ." "And our parents are dead . . ." "Yeh!" or "Let's pretend we live all alone cause our parents are dead . . ."

Of course they were whining for snacks and drinks from the very mother they had killed off for the game. I think basically kids think they can do without us from the day they take their first steps.

Have you ever noticed how they start off giggling as they run away from you? (Probably not. You were busy chasing them so they wouldn't fall down the stairs.)