Sunday, December 26, 2010

2011 UFO Challenge

I haven't joined yet, but I think this will help keep me on the right path with all my sewing projects

2011 UFO Challenge - what a great way to pull some projects to complete this year! 

I have a BIG project ahead of me to clean out my sewing room this next week.  Looking through kits I bought a few years back, and favorite fabric lines is always fun for me.  I have found very few fabrics and projects that I don't still love today and want to get out and make right away.  Maybe this means I truly am buying only the fabrics/kits I really love!  While I'm cleaning this next week, I'm going to pick some UFO's along with a few new projects and keep a list going for 2011.  I only finished 1 large quilt I can remember in 2010, so I'm quite disappointed in myself.  I have SEVERAL quilt tops ready to be quilted, or tops without borders.  I need to get some of my quilts kicked out from start to finish!  I've collected several fabrics for quilts using the same pattern (to give as gifts) so while making one quilt, isn't it just as easy to make 2?  Hopefully doing this I'll finish twice as much! 

I lay in bed at night thinking of all the sewing I want to do....its time to make it reality.  Love this idea, and I think it will help keep me going!  Thanks Judy!

No comments: