Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Jelly Roll Race Quilt featuring Mama Said Sew

Life has been crazy lately.  Busy at work, busy with quilts, busy at home.  I'm tired and worn out - and feel like I haven't sewn - like really sewn in awhile.

So last week - I pulled out a Mama Said Sew jelly roll - and went for it.  I used this tutorial and tried out the Jelly Roll Race I've heard all about online.

I needed a project I could start and get done.  I wanted to feel like I accomplished something.  I wanted to have a finished product to show for my time.

So I put a quilt on the ole machine and got it a quilting - and sat down and started sewing.

I'm happy to report by the end of the night - I had 2 quilts quilted and 1 quilt top sewn.


This picture was taken outside and just in time before the wind blew it away - it had also been folded up in my bag!  I have since added a black stop border around the top and auditioning border fabrics.  I will keep you posted.  I love how it turned out.

This is a quick and easy quilt to throw together.  People claim you can have a quilt done in 45 minutes - apparently I'm not that fast as mine took longer - but within a few hours it was done.  

I love how it turned out and love this line.  I'm thinking a minky back so it can become one of our favorite snuggle quilts!




3 comments:

Erin Quinn said...

I love this line. it is such classy colours - a nice cream, a rich grey/stone and a perfect red. Definitely a winner.
E xx

Melia Mae Quilting said...

I absolutely love this fabric line as well. I have a couple of jelly rolls of it. Maybe I should try and make one. Do you have issues of minky stretching on your long arm?

Anonymous said...

I have a jellyroll waiting it's turn on the project list and I believe this is what's in its future.
Love how yours turned out!