Sunday, October 30, 2011

Bloggers Quilt Festival

I have visited Amy's blog often and have always loved looking at the quilts posted during the Bloggers Festival each year.  I decided this year to be brave and post my own.  Thanks for stopping by to see my quilt - and thanks to everyone who posted one of their own.  I have LOVED looking at them all.

The last festival I spent a whole afternoon marking the pages of quilts I had to go back to awe over and even make.  My Bliss Zig Zag quilt was inspired (copied) from a quilt I sew during the last festival.

Every day I'm so excited to jump back on and see the new ones added!  I'm so glad Amy created this venue for all us quilters to enjoy!

So on with the show....



The quilt I chose was a pattern from the book Laps from Fats.  I used Shangri La by Moda's 3 Sisters.  This quilt was fun for me to make for several reasons.  I loved the fabric line, the reds, creams, browns, and greens are so me.  I loved each step of the piecing.  I don't do a ton of more time consuming quilts and this was a fun challenge for me.  I also started this quilt before Jake was born, and it was the first one I finished up once I was a new mom.  It was my outlet and my way of getting back into the swing of things.


I had a bigger border on it originally and used my favorite print from the line, which was a small flower.  Once it was on the quilt, I felt it was way too busy and took away from all the piecing, so I just left the little stop border on the quilt and bound it up.  I LOVE the stripe bias binding.

This was a fun quilt for me to make, and makes me happy every time I pull it out.  It will be on display over my stairs come January for a few months.  Can't wait to bring it out again.

Thanks for stopping by!  Happy quilt hunting.

11 comments:

Polly said...

Your's is the cutest!

marta said...

i LOVE that one ab. you keep coming up with stunning quilts. p.s. that zig zag one is so freakin' cute. can't wait to steal it from you. hee hee.
happy halloween!

Andrea said...

I love the design of your quilt.

trish said...

Your quilt is gorgeous!! :o)

Anonymous said...

I love your quilt! Awesome design~

Margaret
www.quiltsoflove.blogspot.com
msolomo1@maine.rr.com

Myra said...

What a great quilt! Love your color choices!! Awesome pattern! 8-)

Unknown said...

I really like your quilt!

Linda @ a maiden hair fern said...

Abby, I love your quilt! I haven't seen a design like that. The fabric is a nice choice. And if those back ground pics are where you live, I'm just plain jealous! Thanks for sharing.

BunkHouseQuilts said...

Very pretty colors! I love it. I think it looks great with the single border and of course, the stripped binding is always a great way to go.

Editfolt said...

Greetings from Hungary. I love your quilt. The colors are beautiful. Beautiful stapling.

Eileen said...

lovely quilt with beautiful pattern and fabrics. thanks for sharing and have a great day