Saturday, May 18, 2013

Bloggers Quilt Festival




I love the Bloggers Quilt Festival because there are so many amazing quilts entered.  This festival is pure eye candy and something I look forward to all year.  

I decided to enter my Lucky Stars quilt in it this year.  It is one of my most recent finishes and was a true labor of love.  


I started this quilt in November 2011 at the first ever quilt getaway my friend and I had.  This was the last project I started that weekend and I got about 10 blocks done.  But I was smitten.  


I loved the pattern, the fabrics, stars - I had been obsessed with this quilt for a few months before I started so I was thrilled to get working on it.


Once I came home - the quilt got put away - and was not seen again for a year!  How could I have done that to this beautiful quilt?  So I pulled it out in November 2012 and was determined to get it done before Christmas.  Although this line was a Christmas line, I don't think it screams Christmas.  I could be a great addition to the house during Christmas, but these are my colors - so I also feel it will be used year round.  


I was so thrilled to get the quilt top completed - in January of 2013 and the quilting followed shortly after.  I FINALLY got it bound on a business trip a month or so ago.  A year in a half in the making....at least it is done.  Usually I fall out of love with quilts that take me this long - but not this one.  I loved it all the way through.  


This backing fabric was my favorite print in the line.  I love it with the paisley and the roses.  This quilt was a joy to work on.  I love this pattern - it is easy enough assembly, yet I think very striking with the results.  I may have to make another quilt in this pattern.

Quilt Stats:
Quilt Pattern - Lucky Stars by Atkinson Desgins
Fabric - Grace by 3 Sisters for Moda
Quilting Pattern - Floral Wave by Anne Bright
Pieced - by me
Quilted - by me  - Latimer Lane Quilting

Thanks Amy for the fun festival - can't wait to see all the other quilts!





10 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a fabulous quilt!! I agree that it dosent look like only a Christmas quilt, that you should use it all year round. It's too beautiful to put away!

CitricSugar said...

That's a year-rounder for sure! It's looks so cozy and homey!

Polly said...

love this quilt! will look forward to seeing it hanging on your wall.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

So gorgeous! I love this pattern in most anything... and yours is fantastic!

Melanie said...

I love it and it definitely can be used year round. It would be hard to pack this beauty away! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Melanie said...

I love it and it definitely can be used year round. It would be hard to pack this beauty away! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Melanie said...

I love it and it definitely can be used year round. It would be hard to pack this beauty away! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Lonci said...

Beautiful quilt, congratulation:)))

April said...

lovely quilt. I really like the colors.

Yvette said...

That really is the prettiest Lucky Stars quilt I have ever seen.