Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving and other happenings

I know - I've been gone for awhile.  Things at our home have been crazy.  We got back from our trip and all got sick within a week.  First the boys - than it hit Mike - and not to leave me out decided to hit my upside the head.  This horrible LINGERING cold that never goes away! 

Needless to say - the 12 table runners that were on order for a special client didn't get done in time, the 3 quilts to be quilted, are still waiting to be completed.  The house was a mess.  Little was getting done. 

My brother and his family came into town for Thanksgiving which is always fun to see them. My little brother Nick also came into town - which is always a big help and Jake LOVES his stories. We were all feeling better, so we went out to play last week.  A dinner, a day of games at our house, Thanksgiving at my moms.  Jake has fallen in love with whip cream thanks to Grandma Sharon and her pumpkin pie!  Grandma Polly let him loose at Thanksgiving. 


He decided to dip the beater into the whip cream and then lick it all off - then repeat...SEVERAL times. 

Thanksgiving night I started to feel sick again - What is going on here?  I use to never get sick!  So the last few days I have been feeling crappy again - but still had a few more parties to go to.

We all got dressed up for Luke on his special day.  I had to get pictures of my kids since we are rarely in our Sunday best...



 I think we are going to try for one more family dinner tonight before the boys all leave town again.  I will actually take my camera out of the house and see if I can snag a few pictures of my kids with their cousins.  It has been so much fun to see them interact with the older boys.  I can go hours without seeing Jake when they are around.  Its as if Jake thinks he's 10 or something and fits right in with all the boys.  It would be so much fun to have them around all the time...but we'll take them when we can. 

With everything that has been going on - I actually managed to get Christmas decor up on Sunday.  More to come on that soon!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Being sick is the worst, especially when mom's sick. I hope you get better soon!

Travelin'Oma said...

It looks like you had a great holiday anyway! Cute photos!