Saturday, July 17, 2010

Procrastination

I should be quilting this quilt....instead I decided to start my first coin quilt.



Using this tutorial from Cluck Cluck Sew and 100% scraps I finished it all in about an hour.  The only problem now is I've got to find a way to match the cream to something in the store since those were scrap pieces also....wasn't thinking that far ahead.

Another quilt I started as I continued to procrastinate was this.



Its a twist on the disappearing nine patch pattern.  I used this tutorial.  I am loving how easy it is.

Make a nine patch like this...


Place the post color in the center of each 9 patch, and the sashing is the white.


Find the center of the post/sashing blocks, and cut both vertically and horizontally.




Flip your blocks so they are all going the same direction and there you have it.  A block quilt with sashing and posts.  WHAT COULD BE EASIER????



I used 12 Days of Christmas by Kate Spain and LOVE IT!  Kate Spain has done it again with another fun fun line!

Can't wait to get it done -- but I did get the Star Cakes quilt on the frames and I have started the quilting.   I'm sure I'll need a break here and there so I'll stop to make another block.  They take about 20 minutes is all.  Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll have a quilt quilted and all my blocks ready to sew together.  I love a fun fast project!

No comments: