So - I said I wasn't making goals for this year - but I have SO MANY quilts I want to get to - I decided I needed to make a list to keep me on track.
My biggest goal for this year is to finish some of the projects I have started. I've told myself - each month, even if I'm working on a new project - I need to have an UFO out and getting done as well.
Here is a list of UFO's for this year - these are projects I have actually started - as in have completed blocks.
- Route 44
- Christmas Granny Square
- Round and Round
- Halloween Little Lollies
- HST - Marmalade (LOVING THIS QUILT)
- Scrumptious Squares
On my list of quilts I want to make - I've been looking through my Quilts I Love pinterest page and my goal this year is to get some of these quilts - or types of quilts made. Starting with an Irish Chain. I'm loving Irish Chains lately - just debating on a 2 color way or scrappy fun like this one. I'm leaning this way using Happy Go Lucky....
So my list of new projects
- Irish Chain
- On a Whim (have fabrics out of High Streets)
- Christmas Round and Round (cut - just need to start it)
- April Showers blue/green quilt
- Cotton way - Cabin Christmas
- Plan C - JUST LIKE THIS (I also have it out of 12 days of Christmas and martinque maybe I'll get them all done together)
- Scrap Jar Star out of my Florence fat quarters
- Jacob's Ladder quilt - something like this
- Button Box - like this one!
- Snow Blossoms - out of Scrumptious
If you've made it this far down my list thanks! Here is what I started working on in December. I had big goals to be done by January - now I'm being a little more realistic and say - by the end of February.
- Saw this on Instagram and had to have my own. I've got everything cut out and working through my blocks.
- HST in Marmalade - I started these blocks a year ago after taking Camille's first Craftsy class. During Christmas break - Carrie and Thelma worked their way through a HST quilt which got me motivated to get mine out again. I am LOVING working on this quilt and am so excited to get it done. 5 blocks down - making more HST and going to try Sherri's method - I'm thinking it will cut down some time in the trimming process for me.
- Route 44 - I took a class from Carrie of the Ms Rosie fame a few years back and I LOVE these blocks - no idea why it got pushed aside .... ok maybe I do - I think I had a 2 month old at the time of the class. But - I dug it out - and had a few blocks to finish - they are all finished and trimmed and I just need to lay it out! I've been working on cleaning my sewing room - from the tornado of 2013 and will have plenty of space to start this project back up in the next few days.
- Lincoln - I have 2 of these quilts in the work - one for me and one for a bday present someone ordered in july..... I'm slow - but my goal is to have it finished by the end of February. Loving the low volume prints from French General. This is going to be a beautiful, classy looking quilt! Its twin sized - so I'm figuring out how to enlarge the pattern without ruining its perfection. I think that is why I've procrastinated - seems like so many more blocks have to be done!
These are my main projects I'm working on - REALLY trying to finish them before starting another one - but I can't make any promises. I feel like my April Showers fabric is calling my name! I may need to start on a small project in the meantime so I have it finished by the time yardage arrives. I'm hoping to have a few kits of a quilt in store for you all! I'll keep you posted.
Thanks for sticking with my lengthy post! I think I'm getting my mojo back!