Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sundays

Today was a lazy day - it was suppose to be a productive day with the house being cleaned, a few hours in the sun, and a quilt to be completed.

Sadly none of that happened.

Instead I spent a few hours out with the kids, didn't force them to take naps and now I'm getting ready to head out for a few hours with the kids - sans naps....wish me luck.

A few things we did get accomplished which made Sunday just right.


Source: pauladeen.com via Abby on Pinterest


This pina colada drink is great - we all loved it - even my card carrying hot dog, coke drinking, oreo only dieter Sam.  Its a wonderful treat for hot days.  I even put the left overs into some popsicle molds for a treat in a day or two.

We also had our version of fight club.  With the kids not taking naps everyone is a little more sensitive and a few fights have broken out this afternoon.

Although these sweet faces look like they are hugging and loving each other....don't be fooled


This is Sam pulling Jake into a head lock.  

And now the sleeper hold

This is what I walked in and saw when I first entered the room.  It was so cute I ran out to grab the camera.



When I climbed up to get a better look, this is what I found....

Fight club in session




I learned two lessons today - 1) never leave small napless children unattended on a top bunk and 2) my life with 2 boys is always going to be like this, isn't it?


1 comment:

whit said...

Oh man..I love these pictures!! Glad you caught them in action!!